The latest Dreamworks Animation Film, The Bad Guys is now available to own on Digital, Blu-ray, 4K, and DVD. We recently visited Dreamworks Campus for an interview with producers Damon Ross and Rebecca Huntley.
Looking for a toxic-free place to talk about your favorite fandoms? Join our Facebook Group
The Bad Guys Interview with Producers Damon Ross and Rebecca Huntley
After a lifetime of legendary heists, the notorious criminals Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Piranha, Mr. Shark, and Ms. Tarantula are finally caught. However, if they want to avoid a prison sentence, the animal outlaws must pull off their most challenging con yet. AKA becoming model citizens. Under the tutelage of their mentor, Professor Marmalade, the dubious gang sets out to fool the world that they’re turning good.
The Bad Guys is Ocean’s 11 meets the animal world. It is packed with intrigue, action, and plenty of laugh-out-loud moments. This is one film the whole family will enjoy watching together. And, since it is based on a book series, there is potential for more films or a spin-off show, something Dreamworks is famous for doing with their films.
Rebecca and Damon were so fun to interview. We even set up a heist at Dreamworks, that totally worked! We really tried to find out if there would be any sequels. After all, Dreamworks is known for turning its hit movies into shows. They shared why they wanted to work on this project. And most importantly, what would be their Golden Dolphin? That question MAY have led to us stealing the heart-shaped stone. Just saying.
To hear the whole interview take a listen below.
The Bad Guys Bonus Features
- ALL-NEW ORIGINAL SHORT “MARASCHINO RUBY” – The Bad Guys are at it again, but not in the way you think. They’ve gone good! Find out what happens to the team after they go rogue in this sweet original short.
- DELETED SCENES
- Original opening
- Snake Attack
- Extra Secret Base Tour
- You Can’t Fake Good
- Post Credits: Scientist Button
- DEVISE THE PLAN: MAKING THE BAD GUYS – From book to storyboard to the silver screen, join the cast and filmmakers as they devise how to bring The Bad Guys to life.
- ASSEMBLE THE CREW – Go face to face with the voices behind our favorite animated bad guys – Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Shark, Ms. Tarantula & Mr. Piranha.
- IT’S SHOWTIME: CAST TABLE READ – Teamwork is the ultimate ingredient in pulling off a job without a hitch. Now that they’ve agreed on the plan, it’s time to bring the cast of The Bad Guys together for their first table read.
- SNAKE’S FROZEN POP SHOP – Want to learn how to make your own version of Mr. Snake’s favorite frozen pops? With these easy recipes, you’ll be on your way to chill-ville in no time. Want to go the extra mile? Create your own frozen pop disguises.
- FROM THE DRAWING ROOM – Learn step by step from The Bad Guys head of story, Nelson Yokota, how you can create your very own storyboard and draw the film’s main characters
- How To Storyboard
- How To Draw Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Shark, Ms. Tarantula, Mr. Piranha
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – Feature Commentary with Director Pierre Perifel, Producer Damon Ross, Head of Story Nelson Yokota, Head of Character Animation JP Sans, and Production Designer Luc Desmarchelier.